I’m not sure how to go about writing how I feel. I’m feeling very lonely at
this moment. I don’t know if it would be considered self inflicted, or if
everyone would feel the same way I do now if they were in my shoes. I’m
always feeling like I’m so abnormal. The way I react to things isn’t the
same way everyone else would. I don’t feel like I have ever fit in here.
Sometimes I look back at myself and see that I think I resembled an angel
put here on Earth but her wings were cut and she can’t fly home. I
remember my Grandpa and others used to call me “Sunshine” because I was
always smiling. Maybe it was so shocking to them because they could see all
the JUNK that was going on in my life that I “SHOULD” have been upset about
but wasn’t. I didn’t know any better I guess, I didn’t know to feel sad and
upset, OR I was hiding it. Maybe I felt I caused it and if I just smiled
no one would suspect me. I’ve been told that when I was little I had a
great love for everyone. I would hug and kiss strangers and I know that many
times I put what other people wanted or needed before my own. Many times.
All this time though I look back and can only seem to remember all these bad
things happening. I know that if I compare them to everyone else’s bad things
mine really aren’t that bad, or could have been worse, but still they were
hard to deal with, and heck maybe I’m so sad now because I never dealt with
these things. And now I’m not sure even how.
– Sitting on a curb somewhere either I was crying or I could hear someone
– Laying on the floor of my bedroom staring at the night light during the
night and my ear hurting really bad.
– My Mom has a rifle/shot gun pointed at my Dad while she is standing on the
porch telling him to go away and not come back.
– Missing my Dad.
– My Dad riding me on the bar of his bike and my foot going into the spokes
and him blaming it on my sister and than in turn me feeling like it was my
– Our cat ate it’s kittens.
– Sitting in the garden hearing santa’s sleigh bells.
– Being in a bunch of Tomatoe plants with these BIG huge worms on the leaves,
being frightened. The plants were as tall as me the worms looked huge.
– A tortise that was a baby sitters pet that we’d feed lettuce to.
– Waking up and finding my Dad with his arm around my Mom’s neck putting her
in a choke hold and her telling me to go back to sleep when she saw me and
told me that it was just a bad dream. I think it made her feel better to
think that I believed her.
– Stealing candy with my brother from the meat market and hiding in the
bedroom closet eating it and getting caught.
– Having to go return the candy and pay for it and appologize to the Meat
– Stealing a rubix cube key chain from Stater Bros and always feeling guilty
– My dog roxy.
– The Orange trees at my Dad’s 1st Apartment.
– The Do Run Run” song that Stuart and I played to death while visiting Dad.
– Sitting outside on the steps at school eating a twinkie after getting back
from a dentist appointment before I went back into class.
– My Mom talking about how my Dad always liked my 2nd grade teacher because
she had big boobs.
– Having my lunch stolen by some mean girl.
– Being loanly and afraid at school.
– Having my “turquoise jewlery” stolen from Kindergarten show and tell.
– Scraping my knee really bad on the playground in Kindergarten. I remember
always saying that I scraped it to where the bone was showing, but I think I
was exaggerating or lieing.
– School not being fun.
– Playing Hi Ho Cherrio in the cafateria.
– Teddy and Chritine being killed.
– Being asked by Teddy’s brother if I had seen her while I was at Stater Bros
out walking Roxy.
– The school service planting a tree for each girl in the school yard.
– Over hearing adults talk about their deaths and how “One would have had to
watch the other die or be knocked out.”.
– Hearing that they were cut up and put in a garbage bag behind the Safeway
and being found by a farmer.
– Riding bikes around Calimesa with my brother and some friends.
– Playing barbies
– Being invited to a slumber party where it ends up they just wanted me there
to be the Odd one out. When we played cat and mouse that night I was the cat
and it was that way with all the games. When we had a water baloon fight I
was the target. I left and walked to my Step dad Bill’s Gun Shop where he
drove me back to the party to get my things.
– Being teased by my siblings. “Sharolyn the Watermelon”, Elephant, Pig, Fat
Slob and occasionaly by my Mom, mainly just Fat Slob.
– Being blamed by my Mom for her problems with Bill.
– Bill being drunk and chasing me through the house calling me a Liar for who
knows what reason.
– Sitting on the couch watching TV while Bill lay asleep at the other end and
my Mom coming in with a couple trash bags full of Vodka bottles and dumping
them on the floor of the living room. The clinking of the bottles woke Bill
up and he didn’t say a word. My Mom left the room and bill went over to
start putting the bottles back in the bags and he stopped and opened one
that still had some in it and drank it.
– Thinking that Bill loved his alchol more than my Mom and us kids.
Sam punching Bill in the face after Bill ruined some projects that Sam had
been working on in the garage.
– Going to hotels to use the pool and I assumed to get away from Bill.
– Kmart getting my first bra and wanting to wear it out and how the manager
had to escort my Mom and I to the dang register and being soooo embarassed.
– First time going to girls camp and having such a heavy period that I
pracitcally had to have a seperate suitecase for my pads. I packed too many
– Never feeling like I fit in ANYWHERE.
– Never being Thin enough, good enough, pretty enough, neat enough….Never
being enough for anyone to like me or love me or stay.
– Church was not a happy place although I tried to see the good in it. People
were mean and heartless about the way they would judge other people.
– Sitting in church on my Dad’s lap looking at his big hands and feeling happy
– Having to sit in a lawyers office and choose who to live with Mom or Dad and
Sam and Susan choosing Mom and knowing I wanted to be with Dad too. I didn’t
want to have to choose.
– Never feeling wanted.
– Sam and Susan never liking me.
– Stuart always picking on me, but we were also there for each other at times
when parents were fighting. I remember us hugging each other crying while we
listend to Mom fight with someone.
– Moving age 4 – 6 … Faith Drive Yucaipa Mom was with Dad
– Moving again… age 7 – 9 … San Pablo Calimesa Mom marries Bill
– Moving again.. age 9 – 12 … 1246 Loan Star Court – Where I think of “Home” Bill taught me to ride a bike. Roxy.
– Moving again age 13 – 14 … Apartment in Redlands – STILL didn’t fit in
anywhere. Mom Divorced Bill
– Moving again age 15 – 17… Cedar Ave Yucaipa Mom Marries Ray
– Moving again …. Kicked out at 17. Part of it was because Ray and I weren’t
getting along. Mom told me that she had to choose Ray’s side because I’d be
gone and out of the house anyway. Than I moved seven more times before I got
Married in 1990.
– Moved 12 more times to now.
I will have to write more later, i’m tired now. Hmm The part before the move listing only goes up to basically the 3rd move so far when I was around 9 – 12 yrs old. Wow… I’m tired now I’ll have to finish this tomorrow.